· Research has demonstrated that students who feel connected to school have both positive academic and behavioural outcomes. Our Students feel connected to school through their class WhatsApp groups where they can share their concerns, grievances etc. Any help required is just a click away. Teachers, students, and parents are informed on a regular basis about the initiatives undertaken by the school and all other major activities through emails and posts on the website.
· Parents are invited to take part in Day Camps and Trips along with the teacher escorts in order to make them an intrinsic part of their child’s schooling. Inclusion of parents in the school assemblies and Solan trips is reinforcing the bond leading to and increase participation in school decisions and activities.
· The school has also invited the participation of parents on school bus routes to monitor the conduct of drivers and conductors. The response is positive. Out of the existing routes,02 routes in the afternoon are monitored by parents.
· We believe in keeping the students abreast of the happenings around the globe. What could be a better platform than the Quiz club. The enthusiastic quizzers create PPTs on diverse topics and share it with their fellows to popularize quizzing. These PPTs are also used during Substitution periods.
· In order to give impetus to the latent talents of the students and to ensure that each child is able to communicate confidently, all the teachers are instructed to ensure that each student participates in at least 3 activities –Special Assemblies, Bal Sabha activities, Inter School Competitions, Annual Day per year. The Cock house (overall) trophy at the end of the year is awarded not on the basis of highest aggregation of points but participation of all the students and equitable distribution of work amongst the teachers.
· The special and regular assemblies provide opportunities to more than 50 percent of the class to showcase their talents on diverse themes such as moral values, Mathematics, enactment of science concepts, street plays on social issues etc.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
As part of healthy practices under the aegis of Health and Wellness club, the school has installed a sanitary napkin vending machine for the convenience of the girls in the sick bay.
The school also proposes to install an incinerator in the girls washrooms, another healthy and environment friendly way of solid waste disposal Members of Health Club check the school premises for breeding ground of mosquitoes during monsoon.
Health alerts are released on the school website from time to time.
(Log on to our website for all Health and Wellness related activity).
· The school aims to align the school curriculum to prepare the students for globally competitive 21st century careers.
· In this quest, the school encourages the students at plus two level to take up apprenticeships, internships, and job-shadowing—that enhances student understanding of career paths and strengthen school, community, and local business connections. This year many of our Psychology students interned at Moolchand Hospital and Pearl Academy. Some of them also apprenticed with established photographers. The school also encourages the alumni to facilitate such opportunities.
· Another initiative of the school in the direction of career guidance is a ready reckoner for various competitive exams that has been uploaded on the school website for the benefit of students.
· It is also regularly updated by the School Vice Principal and President, Student council.